Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Case Of The Munchies, or, Santa Digs Him A Toke or Two

Quiet Christmas weekend around the tepee.  That is, until one of Papoose #1's idiot friends opened his big mouth yesterday and let the cat out of the bag about Papoose #1 owning a hookah.

For those of you unable to keep up with the class, that's a bong.

Still struggling?????


The story was that she 'only used it to smoke some very healthy natural safe clean tobacco' out of a 'couple of times'.  Of course, I was the bitch for being in the least bit upset, disappointed, or judgmental.

Hey, I TRIED to keep my mouth shut and go on about my day, but she wouldn't leave me alone about whether or not I was pissed off and kept nipping at my heels like a bad puppy till I finally relented and let her know exactly how I felt about it.

She did NOT like what I had to say, and packed up her shit and took off out of the house.

There are reasons beyond the obvious, reasons I cannot post on here, about why her owning such a thing is SO not ok in her/our situation.

Fuck it.  Not only am I DEVASTATED that after all the effort I've put into raising her NOT to make those types of decisions, the fact still remains that more than being disappointed in her, I'm terrified for her safety and health.

I don't care what anyone says, or who does or does not partake, drugs are bad.  They are bad for you and they are illegal.

Even if she's smoking that bullshit so called legal hallucinogen Salvia, people are taking bad trips on that stuff and jumping out of windows etc.

It's all dangerous and it's all bullshit.

Pulling any type of smoke into your lungs is bad for you.

She is my baby.  I never even had candy or soda around her for the first multiple several years of her life.

She also stood up in the living room and told me that the fact that I drink too much beer too often makes me the last person in the world that has any right to tell her that shit is bad for her.

I disagree.

I'm her mother, not her buddy.  I still have a right to worry about her unapologetically, and I always will.

I'm trying so hard to do what I am supposed to do.  To let her live her life and make her own choices and decisions.  I tried to just keep my mouth shut and go on about my business getting my laundry done and other things I'd not had time to do for awhile.

Don't force someone to answer something unless you are SURE you want to hear their answer.

I love you Baby Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment