Friday, March 16, 2012

Phone Brought Back Into Custody

Damn thing made a good run for it, but didn't quite get away from me.   Remember I forgot I had put my phone on top of the jalopy while I pulled stray dogs out of there?  Phone was missing all day Wednesday, then after I picked Papoose #2 up from the trainers that night, we went and walked the highway where come to find out, Papoose #2 "thought she saw something fly off the car" but failed to mention it at the time  :-/  and low and behold, we found the bastard!!!  The battery had been nearly dead even the night before, but it hung on long enough to light the screen up when Papoose #2 called it. Ringer was off but it lit up where she spotted it in the long grass on the side of the highway.  The cheapo hand me down cover I had on it actually saved the phone. Not a scratch on the phone, screen wasn't cracked or shattered.  The cover has such bad road rash on it that it's nearly worn through in spots, but it did it's job.  Hurray for the two for a dollar phone cases Papoose #1 ordered from China or somewhere a couple years ago, then handed down to Papoose #2 who then handed it down to me when she got a new, cuter case.  It's ugly as sin, but obviously works!!

Bought a new alarm clock last night, since mine refuses to work anymore.  I hate the new one.

Did buy some new face primer while I was at the store last night, and I think I'm really going to like it. The new Revlon Photoready Primer.  I was going to get the Loreal one I usually buy, saw this other one, looked up the reviews on one vs the other on my handy dandy smart phone and opted to try the Revlon one.  So far, me likey.

Aren't we spoiled, having so much at our fingertips at all times with these phones and computers?  We really are.  Not always a good thing, but not always a bad thing either.

There are a few people that don't speak to me around this joint anymore.  I wonder why?  Oh well.  Life goes on.

The drama and pain of these past weeks has really taken a toll on me.  I'm exhausted.  I can't wait to catch up on a little stress free, tear free rest this weekend.  Have horse stuff all day tomorrow, but Sunday is looking promising.

Everything has been quite pleasant this week at the tepee.  It's been sort of twilight zoney, but pleasant nonetheless.  Like having my old comfortable routine back.  Next week it's back to my cottage and the long ass drive to and from work.  The gas is killing me, but it is what it is.  I'll be back on the schedule for a few hours next week at Job #2, hopefully that will help make up for some of the gas money I'm burning up living down there.

I miss The Real Deal.  He has been keeping busy while I've been gone though.  Spending 16 hour days at both locations, trying to keep everyone pulling their weight.  Working his ass off.  He's damn good at what he does.

I still fail to see the attraction to pop tarts or energy drinks.  Bleh.

Gotta get some work done now.

Have a great weekend, all.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, that phone search on the side of the highway sounds like something I would have done! Glad you found the phone.

    ReplyDelete