Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Tired Brain

Closed at Job #2 again last night.  Got home and got ready for bed, set my alarm and crashed.  Note to self:  SETTING the alarm does not in fact ENGAGE the alarm to wake you in the morning.  You must turn it ON. Oh yeah, woke up this morning and the first thought of the day was "OMG why is it so freaking BRIGHT in here????"  second thought "What day is it???".  Then the panic set in.  I ABHOR being late.  It stresses me out and makes me mean.  Always been that way.  But, as I ran around half naked, putting dogs out and uncovering Psycho Nekkid Jay Bird and slapping spackle on my face, I got tickled at myself and ended up so entertained by my idiocy that it was all I could do to get myself ready and out the door.

Both Milo and James Earl were still snoozing away, sound asleep on their backs when all of this started.  It was so cute, how confused they looked when I had to wake them up to go outside.  I guess they thought we had a vacation day coming at us, and never made a peep while I was slumbering away.

I ended up being 40 minutes late to work.  Could have gotten here a smidge faster, but I HAD to get to the bank to make a deposit so I could pay a bill from the account today.  So I guess it could have been worse, but man I hate being late.

My eyes aren't happy to have contacts in them again today.  They are begging for more than 3-4 hours break from them.  Bleh.

I feel like a stranger in my own house when I'm so busy like this.  It's like I walk in and walk around checking on things, checking out what may have changed or happened in my absence.  It's an odd feeling.

I have someone coming to the farm to look at Deuce today.  I'm hoping she will like him and buy him.  Sucks that he didn't turn out to be a good boy about the driving thing.  He will make a fabulous pet though, and I hope this lady likes him.  I think she wants to show him at halter, and he is SUCH  a nice horse, he could do well even against the big horses.  He's that gorgeous.

Funny how hard it is to find the whole package of looks and brains, isn't it??   ;-)

I can't believe the number of skunks I saw on my drive home this last night/this morning.  They were scurrying everywhere on the sides of the roads and in the fields next to the road and in the road.  Managed to run the stinky gauntlet and not hit any, thank God.  Furry bastards were everywhere!!

I love fall.  Makes me all soft and squinchy inside  :-D   I know I've said it before, but I can't say it enough.  I love me some fall.

I don't work Job #2 tonight.  Will be at the farm so Papoose #2 can work with her horse and so I can hopefully meet with the lady that wants to see Deuce.  Can't stay out too late though, need to do some laundry and get some rest.  Then I close again tomorrow.

Papoose #2 got up and came out for a hug and a snuggle last night when I got home.  It was the sweetest thing ever.  I told her I was sorry if I woke her up but she said she'd woke up just before my headlights came in the drive.  Sweet baby girl.  I sure do miss her when I'm working like this.

That song about all the kids with the pumped up kicks is stuck in my head.  Somebody shoot me.

I miss taking the Papooses out trick or treating.  I miss a lot of things about them being little and with me and where I can hold them and do fun things with them.  Sad.

Gotta get to working now.   Y'all remember to set those alarms now, ya hear???

No comments:

Post a Comment