Tuesday, September 27, 2011

People Watching and Whippin Dat Man Into Shape

You know, the funniest thing about the "sportin wood" comment from yesterday/Friday is that we were never even remotely in a situation that would merit that on Friday.  I mean, he was in Tulsa all week and got back in LATE Friday night and stayed out in his man cave till way after I went to bed.  Then I was up at 5am Saturday morning to drop Papoose #2 off for the cross country bus and get on the road to Hutto.   Too funny.  Asshole.

Man, work went so smoothly last night.  We had everything done for closing so quickly after close, I kept walking around thinking "now, what have I forgotten??"  I love nights like that!!  I'm so thankful it went that way, I was super tired.  I also made it out of there before most of the Cowboys game traffic surged its way up that direction.  I did NOT want to play with those folks.  Still saw a few very swervy and aggressive drivers that may have been drinking.  Or they could have been texting.  Or they could have just been assholes.  Haha.

Another manager bit the dust at Job #2.   About the right amount of time has passed so the flies will separate from the cream.  We will have some flux here over the next couple of weeks, then everything should settle down.  All I have to say is, EVERY SINGLE PERSON that The Real Deal and his Brother brought on board that I warned them would be nothing but trouble and would never be an asset to the company no longer work for us except for ONE.  I am a pretty good judge of character, and I pegged every one of them.  The only reason the last one is there is because shes insanely in love with the Brother and treats him like he lives on Mount Olympus.  Considering the God complex he has, he would never give her up.  Thankfully, TRD is finally getting her to at least do a little bit of what is expected in her job description.  So theres that, I guess.

Isn't it funny how things that you totally loved when you were a kid, just aren't the same as an adult?  That goes from food to entertainment etc.

Please believe that I am not even joking when I say I got stuck behind a sonofabitching PT Cruiser again, on my way from Job #1 to Job #2.  Trust me, also, when I say that lady had NOWHERE to go and plenty of time to get there.

It was fun watching the whole store full of people watch the Cowboys game last night.  I enjoy people watching, and I just went about my work and watched them all cheer for their team.  It was quite enjoyable.  TRD is a very very vocal and active football fan.  It's hilarious.

TRD is settling down and getting his priorities back in order.  This makes things much more in line with making me a happy Squaw.  In other words, he's trying in little ways to show me attention, affection and love, and he spoils me a little.  I like it.  A lot.

He is shopping for a decent place to live now.  All of his bills are paid off, and he has the cash now for the deposits and rent to get moved into a nicer place than the hovel he's been living in for the last two years.  And when I say hovel, dear friends, I am being kind.  Once he is moved I will take pics and share them.  It's awful.  But it was a roof, and all he could manage to afford while he picked himself up and built up his life again.  Now we just need to find him a duplex somewhere close to the stores.  We had found a perfect one, but it rented before he was ready to move in without hurting himself financially.  The hunt begins again.

Ok.  Time to get busy over here.   Not in the fun way.  Work.  I guess I open my mouth and talk too much around here to get busy in any other way, huh?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA omg, I just crack myself up!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear things are going so good. Glad to hear the smile in your voice again also dear!

    ReplyDelete