Friday, September 30, 2011

Don't Hate The Playa Hehehe

The cause of all the hatin' 



So, Papoose #2 and I went down to Will Rodgers last night and picked up our new baby.  That's him up there, ain't he cuuuuuuute??????????????????  He is out of one of the most famous farms in the world.  Horses from this farm and from his breeding average $12-$15K.  Yes, thats THOUSANDS.  Crazy, ain't it???  No, I didn't pay that amount for him sillies!!!  But I did work a deal where he is mine all mine for the mere price of one U.S. dollar.  Yep, you read that right, $1.00!!!!   We won't go into details, but I may or may not have been hopping up and down squealing in a most unattractive way when the deal was hammered out and they handed me his lead rope  :-)

It was incredibly difficult for me to type and then leave the word "ain't" in the above paragraph.

So, a couple of people that I've known for years and we've shown with for as long as I can remember are incredibly pissy about me getting this little horse.  Jealousy is an ugly thing, for sure.  I mean, I've been envious of people that have nice things that I would love to have, but I've never in any way felt ugliness towards them for it.  I mean, what's the gain in that??  I don't understand how someone thinks being nasty about something like that is doing anyone any good.  Be happy for the person and share in whatever is going on with them, ya know?  *sigh*  Life is just so much better when you choose happiness.  Idk, oh well.   Anyhow, I was SHOCKED at how a couple of these "friends" reacted to me scoring this horse.  Outright green eyed envious venom, amazing.  Darn shame.  Now I'm going to have to go into the show ring and whip their asses with him and take home the checks myself  :-)

Was that catty??

Fuck yeah, it was.

Papoose #2 will be gone overnight with the cross country team.  She was SO excited about this trip.  They are headed to Round Rock.  Prayers for their safe trip and for her to continue to improve her time on her run. Sweet baby girl.

A friend here at work was gone yesterday to attend his Aunts funeral.  She and his Uncle were married when they were teens and she was, I believe, 87 when she passed.  I can't help but feel sad for the Uncle, who is left behind.  They say most left behind don't last much longer once they lose their love, their life.  This never really used to click with me until I met The Real Deal.  I had never loved or been loved that way before, so had no basis for comprehending the pain of loss that something like that entails.  Prayers, Uncle, prayers.

Papoose #2's long time girlfriend is being a real bitch to her lately.  She doesn't like that Papoose #2 has lots of friends and is liked by everyone.  Again, jealousy is nothing but destructive and hurtful.  I find it very interesting to watch how Papoose #2 deals with things like this though.  My kids make me proud of them every day.  They are both really just good people, just really good people.

My shoulder is still torn up from the train wreck I had with that horse a few months ago.  I can't lift it out to the side at all.  I went to put my purse in the back seat of the truck the other night, and it screamed so loud I nearly had tears in my eyes.  Sore as hell.  I'm sure something is terribly amiss.

Getting old sucks.  Shit starts falling off of you like a '69 Impala.

The gelding party at the farm was a huge success.  None of the boys realize exactly what they have lost just yet.  They are just taking tiny steps all over the pasture.  Still calling to the mares, completely unaware of the life change they've just gone through.  Haha.  For those of you who've never been to a gelding party, I shall include pics :-D
Looking dead, ready for surgery 

Waking up, still drunk on special K 

Don't need those anymore!!! 

Those nuts are the size of baseballs.  Incredible, considering they came off of a horse that is only like 30" tall. Yeah, horse people talk about some pretty gross stuff, I know.

And yes, as a matter of fact I DID send that picture to Mister Wonderful with a text that read "Don't go to sleep tonight, sweetheart"  *insert evil laugh*

So how come we haven't seen a picture of the uber cool building Corner bought, or the also uber cool BAHIMBY of Jars??   Holding out on us, huh guys?

Damn my shoulder hurts.

So, worked the house thing out.  No auction for this teepee.   Now to bust ass to pay the massive payments for six months.  This particular challenge is a blessing though, and I will not complain about it.

Well, maybe I'll bitch and whine some, but hey, I am who I am.

I have to get to work now.  You all have a fabulous weekend.

1 comment:

  1. there's so much here to comment on lol

    ok..that horse! man, that is one sweet animal...woot!

    and horse nuts? really? haha please tell me you didn't fry them up for dinner...eewww

    jealous folks... there's some prolific, wisdom laden saying about them but i can't recall it right now...damn brain fog...

    and you get to keep your home!! whew!

    ReplyDelete