Monday, May 9, 2011

This and That

As a matter of fact, Jar, yes she did know what that meant.  She had an older sister with older friends, and she attends public school.  Hell, she knew what a condom was when she was in the 2nd grade, because some moron on the bus was stealing them from his older brother and selling them to the other kids on the bus and she was witness to this.  Pardon me if my parenting skills are found lacking because of my lack of control over the shit other kids teach mine  :-(   Her idiot father also let her watch a Chucky movie when she was incredibly young that made her terrified of the dark.  I was at work.  Again, no control.  Shame on me and my neglectful parenting.

So, I locked my keys in the trunk of the jalopy yesterday.  Spent four hours with six different locksmiths and none of them could get into the car.  I was at Job #2 which is almost an hour away from home, so one of the wrecker services that has a very secure yard, great customers of ours, said they would put it on a flat bed and store it in their yard till I can send away for another key.  The only problem with that is, you have to show proof of ownership and bring your id with you in order to get another key ordered up.  My purse is locked in my trunk with the keys.  So is my file of paperwork on the car, because I had it here at Job #1 with me last week, working on some things with it.  So, this is my project today.  Calling the dealership to see what my next step is.  In the meantime, I have no car.  Remember, Mister Wonderful blew the engine in my Explorer up a couple of weeks ago, so the backup vehicle I was so proud to have paid off all by myself is no help in this situation.  Guess I'll have to use my broom.

Highlight of my Mother's Day....Papoose #2 works with me at Job #2.  We had had a long day at work, then after clocking out, starting in with the locksmith fiasco.  Well, as I was in the office with The Real Deal, looking up any information we could find on how to get my particular brand of jalopy broken into, Papoose #2 comes in and says "Ummm, I found this on the floor out there"  We turn around to see what she is referring to, and she is holding two $100.00 bills in her hand.  TRD takes them from her and says "Show me exactly where you found these please!"  He was thinking one of the managers was making a drop and somehow dropped it, but she takes him out on the floor by the customers and shows him where she found it.  It really wasn't near a particular table or group of people, so TRD locked it in the safe with a note attached to it.  Several hours later, after Papoose #2 and I were home, about 9:30pm or so, I get a text from TRD, the lady customer was nearly in tears when she asked him if anyone had found two hundred dollar bills and he said yes, as a matter of fact, his youngest busser had found it and turned it in to him immediately.  The lady was shocked that someone would be so honest, and said she honestly was just asking about it on a whim, and assumed that cash was long gone.  She left a 20.00 reward for Papoose #2 and said she is coming in next weekend to thank her in person for being so honest.  I love my kids.

The Real Deal got a ticket on his way to work yesterday.  Evidently his inspection sticker is out of date.  Oops.

Papoose #1 called me and wished my a Happy Mother's Day and was sad she had to work and couldn't be home with me for it.  I think she is taking next weekend off to come see me though, and that makes me happy.

When I woke up yesterday morning, I went out to start the coffee and the entire dining room table was covered with flowers that Papoose #2 had gathered for me.  She had notes all over the table with sweet little  things on them too.  Also, she had used her own money to buy me an amazingly comfortable pair of flip flops and a very cool custom contact lens case.  Such a huge heart in that kid.  She amazes me.  Love her!!!!

All of my keys to the house and work are locked in that trunk too.   As is all of my makeup.  As is Papoose #2's purse and all of her stuff.  As are my meds that I need to take every day.  Ugh.  Double Ugh.   Super duper Ugh!!!!!!  

Called the doc and they are calling me in a weeks worth of my medicine so I don't skip any.

Now to call the dealership and see if they are going to work with me on this.  Fingers crossed.

Have a great Monday everyone.  

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, after reading a second time I have noticed a change in the post from when I first read it. I had a joke I was gonna be a smartbutt about, but now it won't make sense. Dang you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what sort of car do you drive????? i can't believe no one can get into the trunk! stinko man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Someone's sense of humor is broken. See if they can fix it at the dealership when you get your new car key.

    ReplyDelete