Monday, February 20, 2012

You Know You Had A Fucking Awesome Weekend When

Every part of your body is so sore you can barely move!!!  Fuck yeah, cuz that's how I ROLL BABY!!!!

What an absolutely fantastic weekend!!!   Nothing in particular happened that would probably seem outstanding to anyone else, but to me, it was greatness!!!

As you all know, The Real Deal and I have had our ups and downs as I have had to navigate all this house, marriage, bestie bullshit.  It's been rough for a long time now.  No matter if Mister Wonderful and I had an agreement about just living together as roommates till Papoose #2 is graduated and moved out, then selling the house, and in the meantime we do what we do and nobody asks questions.....it is nearly impossible to live in that arrangement and it not be stressful to every person involved.  There is always collateral damage. Whatever, we thought we were doing the right thing, and that's over now anyway.

Anyhow, it has been so hard on TRD, watching me go through all of this and not being able to do anything to help me, knowing that I was up there with my family, cooking dinner and watching movies and having a life, and not with him most of the time, etc.  Add to that that I would often take my anger, resentments, hurt and frustrations out on him during the few hours we actually had together, and that makes for a strained relationship, to say the least.

Well, I'm on the other side of the hurt with Molly and MW, I've moved past the sadness of losing the home I worked so hard for and loved so much, and I live right across the street from TRD.  Saturday morning, what started out working its way into an altercation between TRD and I, which has become habit/the norm, ended with us working through the hurt I've caused him, as well as many other issues that he's not wanted to bring up to me for fear of making things worse or losing me.  He is one of the rare men that will actually talk to you about feelings, fears and solutions to anything that comes up.  He also LISTENS when I talk.  When we were butting heads and just getting more worked up first thing Saturday morning, I was beginning to think that the magic we've always had, from the moment we met, was really finally gone.  I was terrified that too much ugliness had happened, it was too far gone.

I was wrong.  Right in the middle of the mess, his eyes softened and his voice changed and just like that, the Real Deal that I fell in love with was back, and we were ok again.  We worked through so much.  We are truly ok again.  We haven't been for years now.....

I am happy.

Obviously, since I can barely move today.  Heeheeheee.

I'm also giving up cussing.  TRD gently mentioned a couple things that lets me know he'd rather I got back to talking like a lady.  Ahem.

That doesn't count here tho.  Here I will say whatever I want, he knows this is my venting place  :-)

Ironically, although he knows where my blog is and how to find it, The Real Deal doesn't ever read it.  I guess he doesn't feel the need to, and that makes me happy in a way I can't really put my finger on.

I cut about three inches off my hair Saturday night.  There is a little salon across the street and up a little bit from my cottage.  I drive past it every day and think about going in.  Its a little hispanic lady, and that gal works every single day in there.  Long days, way into the evening.  So, on a whim, in the rain on Saturday, I just walked in.  She fit me in and for ten bucks gave me one of the BEST haircuts I've ever had.  She and her sisters and daughters couldn't stop touching my hair and saying how soft it was haha.  She told me, in her broken english, that I was the first blond to ever step into the joint.  I told her I'd be back every six weeks. Sweet sweet gal.  Her grandson acted like I was a bear at the zoo, he was so amazed at a gringa being in his abuelitas salon.  Hahaha.

Speaking of being the only white girl.....stopped at Shell this morning for fuel, and had to go inside because I was paying cash.  I was literally the only caucasion in the place.  It was pretty funny.  Then when I was walking out to fill the car up, two mini vans backed out of the parking spots right in front of the store, and we had us a little mishap.  Yep, neither one would give way, and they backed into each other.  Sucky way to start a Monday, eh?

Hit ZERO traffic on 35 this morning.  It's amazing, the way the traffic patterns run through there.  There are pockets of time, even during the rush hours, where you can just sail along with no slowups whatsoever.  It was one of those mornings.  Just stopping for gas put me in a time line where it was smooth sailing all the way up here.  That's a pretty cool way to start a Monday.

I will be back at Job #2 tonight and tomorrow night for sure.  We have added an attraction that has boomed way faster than we expected, and The Squaw is being called in for back up.  It's astonishing how much I am looking forward to it!!!

Have a great day all.  Love someone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment