Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pedicures Are A Little Slice Of Heaven

Headache is back today.  Yay.

Ended up with a good friend tagging along with Papoose #2 and I last night.  We all got pedicures and grabbed a bite to eat at Chili's, where the waiter kept trying to hug me for some reason.  Then we hit wally world for a few essentials.

I avoid Wally World like the plague anymore.  I may go once a month, if that.  Hate that place.  The selection has been so narrowed down I can't find half the stuff I'm looking for, and that whole bullshit deal of having two cashiers and lines to the back of the store??  Ummm, no way am I going to wait in line for 20 minutes to give you my money.  Just not going to happen bucko.  I'll head to another store with better customer service, better selection, cleaner and just faster.

I've had two different people have their horses die of heart related issues in the past week.  So sad.  For those of you who've never had a horse, they are a huge commitment and a lot of work, but they aren't just stupid livestock.  They really are amazing creatures.  They will bond as closely with you as any dog will, and when you lose them after having them in your life every day for 20-30 years, it's heartbreaking.

PT Cruisers.  Nuff said.

When you own a business, people think nothing of asking you for thousands of dollars in donations and sponsorships.  It's incredible.

I don't think I can stress enough, just how badly we need Store II to open.  Come on, come on already.  We had all of our paperwork in and ready to go for all the permits, just to find out that the previous tenants had screwed around and changed some things without obtaining the proper permits, so OUR business is put on hold while we wait for a bunch of red tape bullshit that will amount to nothing for the city, considering the previous tenants went bankrupt.  Government is bullshit.  Bunch of people getting paid way too much to spin their wheels and accomplish a whole lot of nothing.  Ah well.

Acquaintance of mine and his wife lost the baby they were expecting.  Sadly, they lost her almost six months into the pregnancy.  I was so blessed to have two healthy pregnancies and two healthy babies.  I can't thank God enough for that.

I have managed to lose my debit card.  I have always been so anal about money and bank cards, I've never lost one before.  I can't for the life of me figure out where it could be.  It's ALWAYS in that little pocket in my wallet next to my drivers license.  I remember taking it out and putting it in my pocket to go in somewhere and make a purchase, then putting it back in my pocket thinking "make sure to put that back in the wallet as soon as we get to the car".  I also remember using it to get gas at the pump.  I cannot get my mind around what order those events were in or if I'm even remembering them right.  I don't know where that card is.

I feel sad for people to whom money is the all time most important thing.  They are never truly happy people.  I know so many people personally, who have screwed their own family, their own kids, for monetary gain.  Makes my heart heavy to think of every having that skewed of an outlook and mentality.  There is a huge piece of a persons soul damaged when they live that way.

I am 42 years old.  My hair is fairly long, about an inch below my bra strap.  Am I too old to wear my hair long like that?  I've been mulling this over in my head for some time now.  I don't FEEL old inside, then something will come up or happen to make me think "wait, I'm a middle aged woman, should I be thinking/behaving/dressing this way?"

Of course, usually my next thought is "Fuck em if they can't take a joke!!"

But that's just me.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about the loss of a babt...devastating...

    Horses are a huge commitment...so true! And a lot of money to keep them fed, manicured, housed, etc....but so rewarding to have. Coach would be lost without his horse....

    I too hate Wal Mart. They have just gotten too big for themselves....

    Oh a pedicure! I've been saying I want to go get one but always put it off...stupid...

    You can wear your hair however you want! It is your hair after all....personally, I like your hair....you are beautiful and don't look 42 years old...not even close!

    (disclaimer...I am using an iPad so hopefully there are no weird spell check edits ha!)

    ReplyDelete