Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Everything Happens For A Reason

                               
I ate a bunch of jalapenos with my dinner last night, and man were they ever tasty.  I am paying for that enjoyment today.  Nuff said.

I had an appointment in the Colleyville area yesterday afternoon.  Had to leave work a couple of hours early to get there.  After the appointment my stupid Google Maps GPS sent me across North Tarrant Parkway. The thing is massively under permanent construction and all I saw was miles and miles of cars standing perfectly still.  Jumped off that mess at the first street I found and had me a very nice tour of some gorgeous homes, winding my way around till I found Rufe Snow and headed north.  All I have to say is, it's a sad sad day when the traffic in Keller is a gloriously flowing respite from the traffic anywhere else.  Once I got back up into my neck of the woods, I realized how lucky I was that the GPS put me through that.  I would have been attempting to come across 114 where the tanker was burning out.  THAT would have really been a pisser, since there are so few ways off of 114 through there.  I stopped at the gas station at the exit of 35 at 114 by the Speedway and everyone in there was talking about the tanker right down the street.  What a mess.  Sorry I was cussing you, GPS lady.

Speaking of GPS ladies, Papoose #1 told me there is an app you can download so you can choose different voices for your GPS on your phone.  I can't seem to find it.  Anyone know anything about that??

James Earl the Pug is the funniest and sweetest dog ever.  However, it has been very frustrating to me that even though I'm the one that does everything for him and spends the most time with him, he seems to pretty much ignore me and want to run to or play with the other dogs or any other human around, other than me.  It has really bothered me.  Well, FINALLY he seems to be coming around and is following me around a bit.  Not totally, but he's getting there.  That was a small triumph that made me feel a little better this morning.

Thank you to my friends that took the time out of their busy lives to send me comments and/or emails yesterday.  I know I didn't respond much, I've been pretty withdrawn, but every word you sent meant the world to me, honestly.  Thank you.  I keep re reading all of it, and it helps.  I'm a mess, I know.

Please, for the love of all that's holy, please please please let the last two damn tires come in today.  That donut is a serious trooper though, gotta say.

When I got up this morning, the coffee was set up and there was a clean mug sitting next to the coffee maker. I was incredibly touched.

Papoose #2 is loving all of her classes this year so far.  She is still a little adrift with all of her friends scattered about, but she will do fine.  She and I have become so much closer with our one on one relationship blossoming.  I am enjoying it like no other.

Papoose #2 would love to be able to attend her chosen church every Sunday and Wednesday, but its half an hour away from the house, and with my work schedule, it's just not possible to get her there.  I feel horrible about that.  She is actually a very good role model as a Christian.  She holds true to her beliefs and her faith, no matter what comes at her or who tries to sway her.  I find myself amazed by her quite often in that, as well as other things.

Papoose #1 is also kicking ass and taking names.  I can't believe the amazing woman she has become.  She handles more than I ever could, as far as working to put herself through college and staying on top of all her responsibilities.  She too amazes me over and over again.

I am ever grateful they are both growing up so great.  I pray for their happiness and success always.

I have started reading a book that is about a late thirties aged woman who has a nervous breakdown and is put in a mental hospital.  I have mixed emotions about how the character makes me feel.  I begin to wonder if I should maybe be concerned about the parallels in our thought processes.  Hmmmm.

I know for a fact that everything will be ok.  It always is.  I just need to figure out a game plan.  I'm working on that.

And the beat goes on.


2 comments:

  1. Keep on keeping on.
    I don't know which church she attends, but I am sure there is someone that attends that would be more than happy to stop by and pick her up. Just a suggestion.
    I'm so glad to hear the all the positive things going on in you and the papooses lives. See I told ya it wasn't all bad.......Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm listening to the best book right now whilst driving in the car: 'A Place of Yes' by Bethenny Frankel. I highly recommend it. I'm not a big fan of the "self help" stuff, and this isn't one; it's her memoir, according to what she's learned in life. Her love life, business life, personal everyday "tics," etc.

    I love you, Dear. Text me your addy again? I'm going to drop the leaves by your house. ;-)

    GREAT idea, ATC....I'm a huge fan of that child, btw. Kind, warm Soul. =)

    ReplyDelete