Thursday, August 4, 2011

I'm a Chicken Hawk, and You're a Chicken. Are Ya Gonna Come Quietly, Or Do I Have Ta Muss Ya Up????

I have a TERRIBLE sore throat today.

Papoose #2 and I were naughty and ran to Grandy's before coming in to work today.  Imagine my disappointment when my BET sandwich tasted like it was three days old  :-(  The bread was hard as a rock.  Disgusting.

Papoose #2 is able to keep her shoes on today.  Blisters are still hurting, but getting better.  Poor little thing.

Had some kind of hawk thing almost take my head off this morning trying to attack the dogs.  Scared the bejesus outta me.  He was making these weird screetching sounds and swooped down under the oak trees in our back yard right past my head and tried to get the little dogs.  It was the most bizarre thing.  I hustled them back inside and didn't take them back out till right before I had to leave for work and I'll be damned if the thing wasn't still out there.  It started up it's shrieking as soon as we stepped out the back door.  I guess I'll have to smack it with a broom or something.  Psycho damn bird.  Then when I went out the front door to leave for work, two of them were in the big tree in the front yard, one of them flying in and out of the tree over and over again, making that racket.   Odd.

I have to get to work now.  I'm running a virus scanner on my computer right now, and it's making it nearly impossible to type this up.  Keeps pausing and stopping my dang typing, so I look back and see that most of what I've typed has not actually gone on the screen.  Phooy on this.  I don't have the patience for it today.

Have a great day all.

4 comments:

  1. Lemme tell ya Jar, those bastards still feel like they went 10 rounds with Tyson. Plus, I was stuck wearing my absolute least favorite bra. Looks like I have a couple of torpedos under my damn shirt. I could be June Cleaver or Madonna in this ugly damn thing. Sux.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to wander around cemeteries, in fact I have been in cemeteries all over Canada. It is not a morbid Goth thing but I love them from a historical stand point. Anyway... I was at a cemetery once in Saskatchewan and there was this freaky fucking bird that did not want me to me there. He kept screeching and dive bombing me. I tried to send him some good loving energy but that son of a bitch would have none of it. Cemeteries have never been a scary place for me but that particular cemetery freaked me out. (It was a good and interesting one too!) I ended up running back to the car while that fucker dive bombed me so close I could feel the wind. Bastard.
    PS- Thanks for your e mail. The part about the cat and the spray bottle made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete