Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Life Ain't Nothin But A Funny Funny Riddle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a friend who loves to get songs stuck in my head.  It's pretty funny actually.  Yesterday I get a text out of the blue that reads "THANK GOD I'M A COUNTRY BOY!!!"  Yep, it's been running on a loop through my head all night and so far all morning.   Heehee.

Horse show went well.  There weren't as many people as we usually have at these things, the heat chased them all away.  It was pretty uncomfortable, actually.  If you were just under the fans you were ok, but the second you had to get to moving around and messing with the horses, you were melting.  Deuce was a good boy in his class, I was very proud of him.  The judges LOVED him.  The lady who is the head of the Pinto Association approached me about showing him in the open shows against the big horses, she liked him so much.  This could be fun  :-)

We did get a hotel room for the weekend, instead of sleeping in the living quarters of the trailer like we usually do.  Just our luck, the night we're there the elevator is out of order and the pump system on the swimming pool is broken.  Piece of shit La Quinta.  Sure was nice to have a/c on us to sleep, after sweltering at the show all day.  Show clothes are long sleeved and long pants, very dressy.  Plus boots and a hat.  It's a killer on hot days like that.

Roscoe is adapting to his brother being gone pretty well.  Helps that I have Mister Wonderfuls little dog to be a buddy to him.  MW's dog is a little bastard though, so he definitely isn't the best influence on Roscoe, but it is what it is.  Evidently, Ace (Roscoes brothers new name) escaped his kennel yesterday in his new home and tried to commit suicide by chewing through a lamp cord.  He is a pistol, that one.

Mister Wonderful has a hook up of some kind brewing.  He announced last night that he has to go to Waco to install a huge account and will be gone at least one night.  It's cute how he forgets that I know him better than he knows himself and can spot bullshit a mile away.  Plus, he bought me a gift last night.  Then this morning he forgot his ho bag on the dining room table, so like the good wing wife I am, I texted him to let him know all of his toiletries were still at the house on the table.  Complete with condoms.  Silly boy.  Heehee.

I haven't seen The Real Deal for like three weeks now.  That's a record.  I don't like it.  It is what it is just for now though.  The second store opens next week, and after that we will be golden financially.  Well, we will have to play catch up for awhile, we've been so broke for so long, but soon we will be much more comfortable.  Thank God.  We also already signed a letter of intent for our third store, which will be at Grapevine Lake or Lake Grapevine or whatever the heck that is called.  That one will be open by December.  Go us!!!

Too bad the mortgage company won't wait just a couple more months to settle up on the BOGUS BULLSHIT fees that they are forcing me to pay.  Bleh.

Papoose #2 had her court date last night.  But come to find out, she had two citations, not just the one for driving without a license.  They also gave her one for no proof of insurance, which is confusing to me because the kid she was with (the owner of the car and the genius that let her drive it through Azle) did have insurance and showed it to the officers.  So we reset another court date for that one till we can get that sorted out.  Fun fun.  Other than the jury duty I served last month, I've never been to court.  Now there I was with my youngest kid.  Sometimes human decision making is impossible to figure.

Papoose #1 will either be home tonight or tomorrow night.  She will stay a night or two, depending on when she gets to come home.  We need to do a little more shopping for her apartment.  I'm looking forward to seeing her.  She has already put in her request for what she wants me to make her for dinner her first night home.  Funny, the things you miss about home, huh?

Well, I guess I better type some invoices.  Have a great day, all.

6 comments:

  1. The one that gets me is "Blinded by the light, wrapped up like a duece...................."

    ReplyDelete
  2. what about the Oompa Loompa Song from Willy Wonka? or that yodeling song from the Sound of Music?

    You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Except for the heat, the horse shows sound so fun. It hadn't clicked for me yet (duh!) that you raise horses. I love horses so much and wish I was in the kind of life that horses share. Good luck on the new store - I am so glad when someone can become more financially benefited these days.
    Your wording about Mr Wonderful is hilarious. His ho bag and "installing a big account". Never heard it called an account before. hahaha.
    You have sweet papooses and I hope the court date works out. Weird thing about the insurance. Happy P#1 visit. What's her fav meal?

    Mortgage companies are peopled by the devils spawn and nasty aliens -

    ReplyDelete
  4. aliens = creatures from another galaxy or dimension posing as humans.

    just to be clear about my use of the word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
    A tale of a fateful trip
    That started from this tropic port
    Aboard this tiny ship.

    The mate was a mighty sailing man,
    The skipper brave and sure.
    Five passengers set sail that day
    For a three hour tour, a three hour tour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherri, that is mean!! I love it. But now it's in my head and I don't want it therrrrre.

    ReplyDelete