Monday, August 1, 2011

Broken Hearts and Forgotten Birthdays

I am the worlds worst for remembering birthdays.  Just awful.  I totally forgot one of my dear friends birthdays this past Saturday.   Totally blew her off for it.  I am so pissed off at myself.  It's not that I don't care, I do.  I don't know what the hell my issue is.  I've always been that way.  Hell, I forget when it's MY birthday!!  No joke.  I've been loving the fact that Facebook reminds me of peoples birthdays, but when I'm working on the weekend, I never even look at Facebook, so there went her Saturday birthday.  I feel like a total heel.

Papoose #2 made it back from church camp in one piece.  Had a blast too.  I'm so glad she had fun.  Now today she starts into marching band practice and soon we start cross country every morning at 6am.  That makes for a real pain in the butt for me too, running her in early, going back out to the house, figuring out when they're done running and going to get her and take her home, heading in to work, then back out to pick her up for marching band practice.......we live way out of town too, so it makes it even harder.  And nobody lives near us for her to bum a ride with.  Why can't I be one of the stay at home moms who can do all this running back and forth???  Dammit.

Nuking a left over donut shop cinnamon roll in the microwave the next morning sure does bring out just how greasy they are.  Very upset tummy right now, and I didn't even finish the thing.  Should have been a good girl and stuck with the oatmeal.

Ok, if I was driving and a snake cruised across my car, I would immediately become a danger to myself and others.  Just like that one time my boyfriend tried to teach me to play golf.  Only worse.  Because I'd be in what once was a commuter vehicle that had been suddenly turned into a multiple thousand pound conniption fit missile.

Speaking of snakes......it's disgusting how everywhere I've been in the past few days, there are bits of my dang skin all over.  I keep cleaning it up, but it was coming off my shoulders so fast I guess I missed some here in the office.  Freaking nasty.

Papoose #2 has completely and cold heartedly broken her boyfriends heart.  I let her know last night that although I love her and will always have her back and be in her corner, I will not always agree or approve of her decisions or actions.  Yesterday is definitely one of those times, and I let her know how I felt about it and told her that she needs to figure out how to do some damage control.  Not only did she break his heart, completely out of the blue and without explanation, but she did it when he really needs a friend.  His folks were away on vacation in the bahamas the past couple weeks and then the dad calls him and tells him they are getting a divorce and that his mother stormed off all pissed and hasn't been seen or heard from in days.  Then Papoose #2 dumps him, rather unceremoniously.  So she and I definitely had a talk about how we handle things, and how we need to handle peoples hearts and emotions with kid gloves, no matter what.  Now it's up to her how she tries to minimize this mess.  I really don't know how to feel about it.  Her sister has done this to people as well.  You would think after having their hearts broken, they would be loathe to do it to anyone else, but I guess I was wrong.  Idk.

It has been quite an adventure, having LabPup, both of Mister Wonderful's dogs, and the two pug puppies in the house.  I've always been a one dog in the family kind of person, so it was pretty crazy for awhile.  But it is surprisingly easy, now that all of them know what is expected of them, and we have a routine of sorts in place.  Now it's controlled chaos, haha.  Very fun and entertaining, but sure am glad it's not a permanent situation.  I don't know how people do that.

Haven't been over to the farm to work the horses since Thursday night, I think.  One of the gals that owns the farm is the one that had a birthday Saturday that I totally forgot about.  Eek.

Gotta go.  I'm the only one in the office to get the phones today.  Have a good one, all.  Sorry if I've forgotten your birthday lately.

3 comments:

  1. I was wondering when that apology for missing my birthday was coming.

    About time. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Bday was last month...You missed it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG now ima have snake nitemares.

    ReplyDelete