Monday, August 22, 2011

From a Near Threesome to Back to School Blues

Back to school time is always an incredibly sad time for me.  Even though I've always had to work full time plus, it's always made me happy that during the summer break I can at least pick up the phone and talk to my kids, or have them here with me sometimes for this and that.  Back to school time is a sad time.

Papoose #2 had mixed emotions about going back to school this year.  She was very excited about all of her classes, just not sure she is ready for all of the bs drama that comes along with school.  Also, all of her very best friends graduated last year.  She feels adrift.  Each of her besties texted and called last night to wish her luck and tell her they love her.  What a super group of kids they are.  Love each and every one of them.

Papoose #1 has another week of heavy duty Residential Leader training before her classes officially start.  She is going to be completely beat down by the time she actually starts back into her education.  Poor kid.  But man, the experiences she's having and the memories she's making!!

This was the first year ever in the history of my parenting career that I actually got everything needed early enough that we didn't have to fight any back to school crowds, and my kid actually got everything she needed and got to pick and choose the colors/styles of things she wanted as well.  First time ever.  I have failed in so many big and small ways as a parent over the years.  I hate me for that.  Finally starting to get it together and do some things right, and one of them is already gone, the other one nearly gone......

I refuse to lick envelopes.  The mere thought of a papercut on my tongue makes me almost throw up.  Glue sticks are my friends.

Tires and wheels STILL aren't in.  Seriously guys????  That donut surely is a trooper though.

So, Mister Wonderful was recruited to take some customers to the Cowboys game yesterday.  About 30 minutes before they are all supposed to meet, the customer says "oh, sorry, can't make it".  So MW shows up at Job #2 to see if The Real Deal and his Dear Brother would like to go with him.  TRD couldn't go for a couple of reasons (neither one having to do with me) and Dear Brother was too far out of town.  Everyone was in a tizzy for having the opportunity to go and not being able to.  Strange life, this one, all of us there together trying to figure out how my husband and my boyfriend could manage to get to the game together.

MW ended up finding a few other customers that wanted to go, and headed out to the game.  As Papoose #2 and I didn't have a ride home because of MW being at the game, TRD took us home when we got off.  He very patiently took us around to run our errands first.  I made him some turkey sandwiches and sent them home with him.  When we first got in his truck at Job #2 to leave, it made a clicking noise and wouldn't start.  Then when he tried it again it started.  We made about four different stops at different stores and it started up every time.  We got to the house and I made his dinner and he headed home, it started up at my house.  He stopped to get gas at Race Track and it did the clicking thing and refused to start.  MW was heading through that way and was going to stop and help him see if they could get it running, but another fellow jumped it and they got it started before MW got there from the game.  MW thought it was the solenoid on the starter, but since it started with a jump he doesn't think that is what it is after all.  He told TRD to bring it to the house one night and they will work on it.  Again, bizarre life.

A couple of years ago when MW and I were fully seperated and living apart, TRD and I decided it would make more sense and save money if he put his cell on my account.  He took over paying for the cell bill each month, which includes his line as well as both Papooses phones and my phone.  Well, since it's my account, my name shows up no matter which phone is used to make a call.  You can call them and have that adjusted to show each users name on their number, but I've let it slip my mind to do so.  Well, yesterday I get a text asking why my name would show up on MW's work caller id when TRD called him??  (MW's company is doing business with TRD's company now).  Along with the text was a phone pic of the caller id and lo and behold, there was my name.  What could I say?  Told MW that years ago TRD got a line on my account and still has it that way, but I would call and have his name added to his line so that when TRD calls MW, he will know it's him at a glance.  MW's response to this new bit of information???  "That's cool, was just wondering, Toots".  Again, my bizarre life.

I have to call the mortgage company today and try again to figure out some kind of deal on the jacked up house thing.  I am not looking forward to this call, but I'm beginning to go numb about the whole thing.  I think the whole deal with the caller id thing and the game thing yesterday sorta pushed me over the edge to the point where I'm floating in a dream state.

I have to get to work now.  You all have a fantastic Monday.

7 comments:

  1. Perhaps the first thing you should consider when picking men is whether or not they have a functioning vehicle.

    The second would be a cell phone in their own name.

    The third would be one that doesn't know your husband.

    Just a couple suggestions for you to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) All vehicles malfunction at some point in time or another.
    2) He did have a cell in his own name, we chose to combine them to save money.
    3) He didn't know my husband till he met him through me.
    4) Don't be a Fucktard, Jar.
    5) I didn't pick him, it just sorta happened.

    :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. More details on the threesome please........???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Details? Pfft. Just post some pics (or video). That'll be good enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss my kids when they go back to school. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. this all sounds very stressful!! eek! coming to a head so to speak....

    i hope the pooses had a great first day at their respective schools.... we were way BUSY as hell around this district... first day of school and already there is a kid who shows up with a gun... sheeeesh!

    ReplyDelete