Thursday, February 17, 2011

Drooling and Rambling On

Good grief.  I enjoy reading Mister Corners blog so much, I've caught myself reading the NASCAR sh*t he puts on there!!!  Lord Almighty, if I'm not careful, I may actually learn something about the sport.  *shudder*

It seems as though I am not the only one too busy or just too something to blog much.  Seems as though all of us are light on postings lately, and comments seem to be scarce as well.  Odd, but it makes me feel a little better about just not having it together enough to put words together that make sense.  Not that I ever make sense, but hey.

I still haven't watched any of the Oscar nominated films, except for that let down Inception.  I guess I'm  just not with it. Dang it.  I really need to see some of those.

One of the things I don't like about myself, but don't seem to be having much luck at changing:  Knowledge of, and any interest in current events.  I have tried my whole life to follow what's going on in the world, other countries etc., but just cannot for the life of me garner up much enthusiasm or interest in following it all enough to really have an educated understanding or position on it.  I think it's just because I'm just not that intelligent.  That has got to be the reason, because I've tried, believe me, I've tried.

I love old things.  I love old houses and building, old trees....  I truly adore being in them or near them, wondering what all they have seen or been privy to.  I love the character of old buildings and houses.  When I am in an old house wandering around, I like to wonder about the first family that called the place home.  How happy and proud they must have been of the place.  I especially wonder about that when I see old homes run down and uninhabited.  Same thing with trees that have been around a long time.  Some of my family live in California, right on the doorstep of Yosemite  National Park, so I have communed with and been awestruck by those granddaddy trees my whole life.  So this from LL's blog makes me sad beyond my ability to explain.

Interesting idea, but I know I get so lazy I would just hit delete, thereby defeating the purpose.

I'm still having a hard time with what's going on with Papoose #2 and I.  I go back and forth between having my feelings hurt, and thinking that I really am not a very nice person or mother for lashing out like I do sometimes.  I mean, I can't seem to get it right when it comes down to sticking up for myself when I'm feeling hurt or used, and being a nagging b*tcher or whiner.  It's a fine line that I have a hard time with, and I realize that.

I really really like this:

4 comments:

  1. i've been reading the nascar stuff too... scary!

    and don't feel bad, i don't keep up with current events either... gets depressing somehow....

    hope your day is a good one...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear girls, we've only just begun with the, as The Angry Squaw called it, NASCAR sh*t. This is just opening weekend. We've got 10 more months to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Mother of Pearl....it's like baseball, IT NEVER ENDDDDDDDS!!

    Still, if you're making grub like you did last year, I'm ALL OVER watching cars go round in circles if I get an invite ;)

    Can I bring a book?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband-person and Older Boy are b*tching about the restrictor plate reduction today....

    I JUST blogged about the dip in blogging lately! [crickets] in both of our heads! lol

    I think a bunch of us might be suffering from Barry's weird Feb. depression this year....something in the air?

    ReplyDelete