Saturday, February 5, 2011

Melting Snow So I Can Pee, Etc.

Ok, so I had a heat lamp in my pump house, left all the cabinets open and faucets running, and STILL ended up with no water by mid morning Tuesday.  WTF is this, bad karma, or what??

So, I've been melting snow since Tuesday, so that I have enough water to make the toilets flush.  To add to that, I started having random teenagers show up at my house, literally out of the woods from every direction, starting Tuesday afternoon.  I love for the house to be full of the Papoose's friends.  I do. They are incredible.  But man does that make for alot of work to feed them without any running water, and the whole toilet thing......whew!!!

The thing that pisses me off most, is the fact that I've had a forced few days off, and can't even accomplish anything around the house.  I can't hardly clean, no water.  Can't do laundry, no water.  My all time favorite thing to do when I actually get some time at home to myself is to cook, and that is nearly impossible with no water.  Can't even do dishes and that cuts into the whole cooking gig too.

But I have to say, I have thoroughly enjoyed having all of the kids here, and had a helluva time playing outside with LabPup.  It has been forever since I've actually been home all day and evening, much less FOUR of them in a row!!

I feel like the most worthless lazy ass in the universe right now.  Just not used to this.

I do not have one single clean spoon in my house right now.  Must correct this first thing in the morning, before I leave for Job#2.  I think I will melt snow to soak the dishes in, then scrub them with a scrubbie, then I will use the good water to heat and make dishwater and to rinse as well.  I finally have enough good water inhouse to do so.



My OldLadyWhosHadTwoKids bladder has really held strong throughout the whole 'OMG I don't want to have to pee yet, because I have to do the whole pour water in the toilet to get it to flush then melt more snow to replace the used water thing'.  Proud of you, bladder.  Nicely played.

I would like to give a shout out to the people I have spent the evening chatting with.  You are all good people and you just don't know how refreshing it is to engage in the light hearted bantering we shared tonight.  It was needed in so many ways, thanks.

That right there is my therapy, my friends.  The BEST therapy.

Natural Born Killers is an awful movie.

So was Inception.

I know they have nothing in common, but this crap just swirls around in my mind.

Mess, how are you and the coach doing, hon???  Think of you guys very often.

I busted my ass more than once this week, in my ventures out to play and also to get snow to melt on the stove.  At first LabPup thought I was playing, but he figured out pretty quickly that it was no laughing matter when my fat ass went down, and the last time it happened, even came and leaned into me to help me pull myself up.  That is damn cool, I don't care what you think.

Mister Wonderful was trying to help one of his guys get his truck unstuck and had to run to the side when a board placed under the tires shot out of the rut...he fell on the ice and hurt his shoulder really bad.  Dammit if I don't feel awful for the pr*ck.

Now I have to go and  look up all the movies that are nominated for the Oscars this year.  I don't even WATCH this stuff.... but I need to do my homework, if I am to attend a party thats all about the damn things......I hope all my friends show up  :)  I know there will be good food.  It's going to be a blast!  Drinks, too.  *Sigh*  Yet another downer of being an adult.........you get to go to a party, but you have HOMEWORK!!!!  Hahaha.  Kidding.

Or not.

Night, all.



 

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely agree.....[mwah!!!!]. And don't forget, that particular Sunday, the paper'll tell you what a good bet is....don't bother your pretty lil' head. =)

    ReplyDelete