Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hump Day, Or So I Hear

TRD's cat found her way home.  Skinny and not so whole, but home.....

Papoose #1 and I are in a bit of a tiff.  Sometimes I feel like she only contacts me when she needs something from me.  I know maybe I am being a big baby, but that's how I feel sometimes.

Sometimes my kids act like they really really don't like me very much.  Makes me sad, and makes me wonder wth I've managed to do wrong.  Maybe I'm just a real b*tch to live with.  Maybe I was a sh*tty mother all these years, idk.

Maybe that's why Mister Wonderful hates my guts too.  Bleh.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer today, just having a rough time of it here lately, and having a hard time keeping happy thoughts.  This is why I've not blogged much of late.  I just don't have any words in me for some reason.

I made Sopapilla Cheesecake last night.  Had some cream cheese I wanted to use up, and this is a yummy way to do it.  Brought part of them here to the office today.  Hey, I'm TRYING to be spunky!!!

I also made homemade potato soup last night.  I tried a new recipe for it.  Didn't care for it as much as I'd like.  Guess I'll just stick with the way I've always made it.  Now I have about a gallon of so so soup to eat though.

Wonder if the outside kitties will eat potato soup?

Am I the only one that lets stuff go bad in the fridge because I always want to make something different every night??  Then on the weekends I'm working so many hours, so anything I made at the end of the week doesn't get used.  I hate being wasteful. That is one of my habits that I really really hate about myself and need to work harder to change.

I've got some kind of flu bug or something.  I woke up yesterday with the most incredible pain in my chest and the most annoying cough.  I feel so bad for everyone that had to listen to me all day.  Lovely Nurse CoWorker brought me in some sort of pill that, although I only took half of it, made me want to curl up for a napskie on my desk.  It wrestled that annoying cough into submission though!!  Thank you Nurse Coworker!!

My chest and throat and back hurt so bad from all the coughing.  My head feels like it's going to explode.  I am either freezing or frying.  I never used to get sick, but over the past few years I have been sick alot.  It's embarrassing.

Papoose #2 is in a club that has an early morning meeting every so often.  Maybe like every couple of weeks.  She has one friend that is in the club with her that needs a ride, so we go by and pick him up on meeting mornings.  This morning I drug my sick as* out of bed early and actually got out of the house on time to pick him up.  We ended up sitting outside of his house for 10 minutes, waiting for him to do his hair. Evidently he didn't set his alarm and only woke up when we got there.  I could see him through the front window, gelling and poofing and slicking and what all.....that kid took longer to do his hair than Papoose #2 does.  It was hilarious.  And yes, we did give him hell for it when he got in the car.  Haha.

My boss has been complaining at top volume all morning about how unfair it is to tax the rich to make up for all the bailouts and handouts in the world.  I really don't know how to respond to him when he talks to me about things I don't really understand or cannot relate to.

It's kinda like when he kept complaining about the swimming pool he was having installed not being just so to his liking....I've never had a pool.  Not only that, but his pool alone cost more than my HOUSE.  I just can't relate sometimes, and don't know what to say.

If I didn't feel so sh*tty physically, I would totally want to go buy a pair of flip flops to get some emotional therapy from the other stuff thats going on.  Totally.  Good thing I don't feel good, I guess.  Don't need to be spending money on flip flops right now anyhow.  Retail therapy will have to wait.

1 comment:

  1. Chin up, Girlie.....I think it's in the air. I've been Debbie Dumps too lately. And you're NOT a big Baby because 'Poose 1 is giving you the Avoidance Shoulder! I tease my kids about being brokenhearted when they refuse to run errands with me.....they figure if they're not going to benefit? [I'm infamous for never buying "just-because" stuff for them] Screw spending time with Mom! It does sorta hurt a bit though....because even though I know it's the natural order and human end of things, I'd like to know they have "fun" being with me? =)

    Big Boy is in a choir club that meets at 7:20 twice a week & then this morning had to be at school early AGAIN for STUCO. Pfft! I'm NOT a morning person....I would've been honking at that boy! ;-)

    ...Um, how was the kitten not "so whole?"

    ReplyDelete