Thursday, January 13, 2011

Procrastination

Other than being an inherently lazy person, procrastination has always been my biggest downfall.  I don't know what it is, but I will put off everything I can possibly get away with putting off.  I absolutely HATE that about myself.  I guess being lazy and procrastinating are limbs of the same beast, but you know what I am saying.

I mean, I work hard.  I work two full time jobs, I never get a whole day off, it's a 7 day a week venture....but I am still lazy, if that makes sense?  I don't know, but I really piss myself off.

I house and dog sat for a friend of mine over the New Year.   Her mile long private road was so washed out that there was no way my little car could make it up there.  The washed areas were bigger than the car in some areas.  She waited till the last minute to inform me of this.  So, I had to take the truck instead of the car during the few days/nights I stayed at her place.  This would not have been a problem, had I been responsible and remembered to get the inspection sticker on the truck renewed when it ran out in SEPTEMBER 2010.  As it was, I made it there and back a few times, and didn't get my ticket till New Years Day.

Fast forward to a week ago.  Right rear tire on my little car is low, wayyyy low.   I stop by and air it up, and think to myself, I need to definitely get that in and plugged or whatever asap.  Did I do it?  Nope.  Go out this morning and that thing is flat as a pancake.  Only on one side though.  *snicker*

So here I am, loading up in the STILL NOT INSPECTED truck, hoping I can get to work without another ticket, pissed at myself for all the irresponsible procrastination.  Made it to work without a new ticket.  But thats not the point!!!!  I am sitting here at my desk thinking DAMN I DON'T FEEL LIKE GOING AND GETTING THAT THING INSPECTED AT LUNCH!!!!

And thinking about going home and dealing with getting the flat tire repaired is irritating me too.

I mean, just exactly WHAT THE HELL is wrong with me??????????????????  Jeez.

I definitely need therapy.

Or a swift kick in the ass.  Idk.

2 comments: