Thursday, January 27, 2011

Took a trip to Central Market last night.  Love going there.  The Papooses and I can make a whole major outing of it, haha.  No Papoose with me last night, but I'm not saying I was alone either  ;-)

I bought the most massive head of cauliflower I have ever seen in my life.  I'm not joking, the thing is like a foot across!!  Also had to get about 5 different kinds of apples, as usual.   They had some pretty little eggplants so I grabbed a couple of those.  Oranges, bananas, the usual suspects.  Had artichokes on my list, but they were just too expensive and didn't look very good.  I really don't like the Central Market off of 30, and rarely ever go there.  I usually hit the one in Southlake. Much cleaner, and the produce is always head and shoulders above the other one.

When we go, we always make sure to try something new that we've never had before.  Many times that will end up being some different fruit or veggie.  Last night it was apples.  There was one called a Pinata apple that a fellow was stocking up, and he asked me if I would like to sample one.  Really nice guy.  Anyhow, after I picked out a few of those, I moved over to the Fujis (gotta have my fujis) and a manager fellow came by and handed a phone to the nice guy that had given me the apple sample, and said, in an incredibly loud voice "now don't get to jabberin' so much you don't hear this phone ring, and when anyone calls it, for God's sake answer it 'hello', not 'bueno'!!!"  and as he walked away from the guy he muttered "f*ing mexicans".  The look on the nice fellas face really made me sad.  Poor guy.  Nobody deserves that kind of treatment, ever, and in public like that, when he is doing his job and being so pleasant to everyone around him?  Geez.

I don't usually buy rotisserie chickens but they had them on sale last night so I grabbed one to cheat and use for lunches and quick dinners etc.  I felt so extravagant  :-)

It's really bugging me that I can't place a tilde over that 'n' in Pinata up there.  Why is the thing on the dang keyboard if there isn't going to be a way for me to put it over an 'n' in words like Pinata????  Now that I've typed it over and over, there are three places that are bugging me for not being able to place a tilde on them. Grrrrr.

I have finally joined the club of peeps who've left their cell phones places.  I cannot afford to replace the few nice things I have, so I am pretty anal about keeping track of them and taking care of them.  My phone is a great example of this.  I keep it meticulously clean, always carry it in the soft suede cover that came with it, and always carry it somewhere safe, either my purse in it's little cubby pocket, or in my pants pocket, if I don't have my purse with me.  Well last night I allowed myself to be distracted and put it in the small top part of the shopping cart.  Yes, I paid,  grabbed my groceries, and walked out of the store with my distraction, leaving my phone in the cart.  I am sure I over reacted to the fact that perfect strangers had my phone, I am sure other people wouldn't be freaked out like I was, if they left their phone somewhere, but as I mentioned, I don't have the dough to replace mine....even worse, I have my children's phone numbers etc in there and that scares me for anyone else to have.  Don't ask me why I am such a loon, I just am.  Of course, it had been turned in to the front desk so I got it back.  The lady behind the front desk was sort of a creeper though, she held it behind her back and made me describe absolutely everything about it, until I got peeved enough to say "what else do you need to know, how many naked pictures are on it or something?? Give me my phone, Weird Chick With Green Hair!!!"

I'm really ready to be able to afford a tire for the baby car so I don't have to keep putting gas in the dang gas guzzler every day.  Bleh.

Well, have all my vitamins and herbs and junk to work on getting me healthy.  Didn't buy any junk food at all last night, and am down to only one cup of coffee each morning.

They say it takes 21 days to form a new habit, huh???  Gonna be a lonnnnnnnnnng three weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I can't stand it when anyone demeans another in public. So mean. And that comment? [head popped]

    I love Central Market too. The Hubster always takes forever in the produce section (he agrees with your assessment) and the meats.....(fish eyeballs gross me out though). I usually meet up with him in the cheese section (hello! Best bleu & stilton cheeses on the planet! Moroccan spiced cheddar too....yum). =)

    IDing scene had me laughing....you go, Girl. ;-)

    ReplyDelete